Aperture Monthly is looking for artists! Graphics and clipart are a big part of magazine design, and it has become apparant that the past issues have been a bit lacking in visual appeal. There’s only so much we can do, there are about three to four of us that work on every issue, and the majority of the time is taken up with writing, page layout, and choosing fonts.That’s where you come in. If you would be willing to draw for Aperture Monthly, even just one picture, it would mean the world to us.
Unfortunately, all of this would be volunteer work. We here know that drawing takes time, and we regret that we currently don’t have the finances to pay you for your work. We 110% understand that most people don’t like to work for free, and we don’t blame you. If there is anything we can do for you if you do decide to draw something for us, besides monetary exchange of course, we will try our best to do it! Just let us know what it is.
If you would like to give us a hand, (thank you!) here’s how it will work:
1. You submit something you have drawn to us. We look it over, and if we feel you would be a good fit for Aperture Monthly, we will contact you.
2. We will put your name on a list of artists to contact when we need graphics. If we need something right away, we will send you it. We will always try our best to include references and a detailed description, if you need more, don’t hesitate to ask.
3. If you feel you cannot draw what we have asked, or you do not want do, don’t worry! Just say no, it’s totally okay.
4. If you do decide to draw it, we will give you a preferred completion date. We will always leave room for us to get things together, so if you cannot finish it for this date, that is okay. We will also tell you what the latest day to have it done would be.
5. After you have completed the graphic, we will place it in the magazine. We will place a small disclaimer with the artist’s information on the page containing the graphic, as well as thank everyone on one of the final pages of the issue.
6. If there is something you wanted in return, (again, not money, sorry) we will try our best to do what you want.
Thank you for reading this ad! If you are interested in helping out, please contact us on our tumblr, or via email at email@example.com